Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Eat Shop Phoenix


Because I am originally from Arizona, I often have friends ask me where to eat and shop when they go for a visit. Over the years I have kept a list of my favorite places that I edit and add to regularly. I usually tell my friends about places that I love that I know they can't find anywhere else. For example, you would never catch me recommending PF Changs on a visit to Phoenix. I mean, I love PF Changs but you can get their lettuce wraps in virtually any city in the US. Plus, I tend to prefer more independent places anyways.

So today I was in a bookstore and found a travel guide called Eat, Shop, Phoenix. It looked pretty cool and so I flipped through the pages and then I immediately sat down and read the entire thing. Basically, it is as if the editors of the book went inside my brain and my computer and made a list of all the coolest places in Phoenix, except it is so much better than my list because there is amazing photography and tons of great recommendations on what to order or buy. There were even some restaurants I had never heard of but look absolutely amazing. Even though I am from Arizona, I still bought the book. I highly recommend it to anyone planning a trip to the Valley of the Sun (note that the fabulous resorts in AZ are so much cheaper in the summer!). I now plan on checking out the other Eat, Shop guides for cities like Boston, Paris, and Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment