Monday, March 17, 2008

Myles of Style



Did anyone catch the show Myles of Style Sunday night? I was super excited to watch it because I voted for Kim Myles when she was a contestant on Design Star. In the first episode of Myles of Style, Kim renewed a living room with her theme of "cottage chic." I gotta say that I was a little underwhelmed with the makeover. I think Kim did a fine job but it seemed a little boring to me.

I did like the idea of the metallic stripes on the ceiling but I don't know if I would get tired of them. I also liked the idea of putting that medallion sculpture on the ceiling, but I really hated that lamp shade. I thought it was way too small for the space. I loved the peacock color of the fabric used on the side chairs, but I can't get over the fact that the coffee table was designed with gold stickers. Stickers! I know it was a creative idea and all but it was just not my style. I'm hoping that the episodes to come are better than the one tonight. I'll give her a break since it was the very first episode :)

No comments:

Post a Comment