Saturday, March 22, 2008

More Than Just Inspiration?

I opened up the latest Pottery Barn Catalogue today and couldn't help but notice that several of their new items were eerily similar to designs from other companies - all of which I have previously blogged about. I know that designers are often inspired by others and some would say that no design is truly original but I can't help but think that some of these designs are more like direct copies rather than loose interpretations. What do you think? Am I being crazy?


Pottery Barn Moorish Tile Rug.


Compared to West Elm's Taksim Rug.


Pottery Barn's Tile Organic Pillows & Bedding.



Compared to textiles from Roberta Freyman.


Pottery Barn's Ikat Organic Duvet in Red/Clementine Orange.


Compared to John Robshaw's Poppy Quilt.


I still love Pottery Barn, however. Check out these fabulous greek key embroidery drapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment