Saturday, February 16, 2008

Is Ikat Dead?

You know how they say that everyone has one true love and that every person has a soul mate. Well, mine is Target. Target is the love of my life. It has always been there for me in times of need. It makes me feel better when I am sad. It suggests wonderful things that I didn't even know I wanted or needed. I would marry Target if it was legal.


Above is a beautiful ikat patterned pillow from the always amazing Madeline Weinrib. To own one of your very own, you will need to cough up some serious dough (think several hundred dollars).

If you don't have hundreds to spend on mere accessories, may I suggest the extremely similar version of the above pillow shown below from none other than Target. Be prepared to spend $12.99. That's right.... $12.99 - basically the price of a movie ticket. Unbelievable! I am slightly worried though that since Target has caught on to the whole ikat trend, the design world will turn its back on it faster than another child showing up in the Jolie/Pitt clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment