Friday, February 1, 2008

Who Is Your Style Icon?


Recently a good friend of mine mentioned that Carolyn Bessette Kennedy was her style icon and she felt that Carolyn was largely overlooked and not given enough credit as a style icon. What are your thoughts? I really loved Carolyn Bessette's style. I thought it was simple, clean, classic, and modern. To me she always looked very well put together and chic. My only criticism would be that I don't think she took a lot of fashion risks. Carolyn pretty much stuck to neutral colors and played it safe, but ultimately I think her look was pretty timeless.

Some of the most often cited style icons you hear about are the following three ladies:


Jackie Kennedy Onassis.


Grace Kelly.


Audrey Hepburn wearing her infamous Givenchy little black dress in Breakfast at Tiffanys.

Some of the more modern style icons that are consistently mentioned are these three women:


Kate Moss.


Sienna Miller.


Gwyneth Paltrow.

I'm not sure if I have just one style icon. I love the varied styles of all the women I just posted. There are dozens more that I think have incredible style - like Jane Birkin, Queen Rania of Jordan, Kate Hudson, Michelle Williams, Coco Chanel... the list goes on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment