Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mondrian Scottsdale

Earlier I mentioned amazing designer Benjamin Noriega-Oritz and this past weekend I had the opportunity to visit his fabulously designed hotel, The Mondrian Scottsdale. The hotel is ultra chic and modern with a very sensual lobby bathed totally in white. Apparently Ortiz was going for a Garden of Eden theme, describing his design as "pure, naked, [and] pre-sin." I am not so sure how the life size sheep and chinese porcelain stools fit into this theme, but it somehow works.









At the Mondrian, I had an AMAZING meal at Asia de Cuba - a very trendy Asian meets Latin fusion restaurant. I am usually somewhat sketchy of trendy restaurants since I often find that the food does not live up to the hype, but Asia de Cuba did not disappoint. Everything from the mojitos, to the appetizers, to the spectacular desserts was delicious. My only complaint would be the very unappetizing mural of a rooster on the wall. I guess it's a small price to pay for culinary heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment