Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fake Perfect Looking Skin

I know this is not a beauty blog but I just wanted to share my secret to fake perfect looking skin. I have often been accused of having nice skin, which I assure you is not the case. My magnifying makeup mirror that shows my skin up close does not lie people [thanks a lot Amanda ;)]. There are no secret potions I use to fake good looking skin because I am way too ADD with skin care products. You name it and I have tried it. I just can't seem to commit to one beauty line, which means that my bathroom resembles a pharmacy of sorts. The secret I have found that works for me is CAMOUFLAGE! I fake it with makeup and these are the products I use to make my skin look healthy.

1. First, I start with a moisturizer (any will do but I happen to like Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer). Then I put a little bit of Strobe Cream from MAC all over. It basically makes your skin shine (but not in a bad way).



2. Next, I use a little or a lot (depending on how much coverage I need) of Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer. It is a really light formula but it still seems to cover a multitude of sins.


3. If I look especially tired or have a glaring pimple, I will occasionally whip out YSL's famed Touche Eclat. I am usually too lazy to do this step, but when I do I definitely notice a difference in my skin.



4. Finally, for the pièce de résistance, I dust a little MAC Mineralize Skinfinish all over and Voila! If I follow this routine, most days I can fake luminous skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment