Friday, January 4, 2008

Blackberry Farm





I often daydream of taking trips to exotic places all over the world. I want to go to Africa so bad it hurts. I caught the nasty travel bug after my first trip to Paris at the age of 17 and ever since then I constantly think about traveling. I even plan dream vacations in the hopes that I will one day go on one them. A less exotic destination, but one that I would nonetheless love to experience is Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee. Blackberry Farm is not your typical farm. In fact, it is more of a luxury hotel, with basic rooms starting at around $745 per night. I think it would be absolutely amazing to be surrounded by so much natural splendor. I have visions of fly fishing, going to the spa, and relaxing on the porch with a great book. But most of all, I dream of the food.



Blackberry Farm is best known for its cuisine. Blackberry Farm produces its own cheese, eggs, and fruits and vegetables for all of their guests and serves what renowned Chef John Fleer calls “Foothills Cuisine,” which is a blend of more modern haute cuisine with southern style country food. Can you imagine tasting food like Sweet-Tea Brined Fried Chicken and Sesame Cheddar Biscuits or Blueberry Cottage Cheese Griddlecakes with Pecan Butter and Spiced Maple Syrup? How about some Warm Pineapple Rice Pudding with Caramel Ice Cream for dessert? I also want to try one of their signature drinks called the Blackberry Bumpkin. Trust me…. it looks delicious. Daydreaming is so much fun......

No comments:

Post a Comment