Sunday, December 16, 2007

Elle Decor & Monique Lhuillier


The January/February 2008 issue of Elle Decor Magazine just arrived at my doorstep and it could not be more amazing. If you don't already have a subscription to Elle Decor, this is definitely one worth buying. I think this is probably the best issue they have put out in the last 12 months. My favorite spread was the home of the fabulous Monique Lhuillier. Monique is the incredible designer to the stars who makes the most AMAZING wedding dresses EVER. Seriously, Vera Wang who? She also has a ready to wear collection that is amazingly chic and stylish. No matter the cost, when I get married I WILL be wearing a Monique Lhuillier gown. Hope you enjoy the photos! [Sorry for the bad scanning! I was sort of in a hurry :)]


Here is Monique standing in the hallway of her Bel Air home wearing one of her fabulous dresses. I love the emerald green color! To die for!!! Also, I have always dreamed of having a sweeping staircase greet me in my entrance and I especially love the modern and sleek look of the one in Monique's home.


Monique has various black and white photographs throughout the house that are absolutely beautiful. The one above is from Lillian Bassman. Love, love, love the Lucite console with the zebra patterned Paul Marra stool. Impossibly chic!


Basically I love EVERYTHING about Monique's home. Her home is like my dream home. I especially love her use of color- with varying shades of gray used throughout the home. Gray is my absolute FAVORITE color to decorate with and I think Monique's home shows how versatile the color can be. Monique mentioned that she used the color gray because she "wanted an escape from color when [she] came home from the office."



The living room is so clean, chic, and glamorous. Again, the color palette is fantastic and I love the caribou wing chair. Her coffee table books are fabulous as well. I looked closely and I have every single book she has displayed. Great minds must think alike ;)


I love a good kitchen. I especially love all white kitchens and Monique's modern white kitchen is basically perfect. The pendant light above the kitchen table is beautiful. Monique's office is also to die for. Floor to ceiling book cases... HEAVEN! I think the dark gray color is perfect and I love the large bay windows. And I can't even describe how much I love the black and white imperial trellis style wall covering in the bathroom. Perfection!!!


Monique's dining room is also very chic and modern. The three black and white photographs arranged on the wall are fantastic. I also love the simple but stylish Carlyle pendant light from Zia-Priven Design.


Fabulous modern all white bathroom. Love the touch of glamour with the custom light fixture by Foundry.


(Photography by Roger Davies)


Above left is a picture of Monique's adorable son Jack in his nursery. Again, the use of color throughout the home is incredible. Above right, the white lacquer bedside table in the guest room is fantastic. I have been looking for a nightstand that looks exactly like this! I especially love the paint color in the guest room (it's Benjamin Moore's Gossamer Blue). Finally, at bottom right is Monique's bedroom and it looks like it could fit in any five star hotel. So simple, yet so luxurious!

No comments:

Post a Comment