Monday, December 17, 2007

Some Last Minute Stocking Stuffer Ideas!

There is a little over a week left until Christmas is finally here and I am sure everyone has all of their Christmas shopping done already, right? If you are like me and still need to get a few gifts for people, here are some cute things that I know I would love to get (or already have and need more of) and that I think would make great stocking stuffers for your girlfriends, sister, mom, or even yourself. For other great ideas, you should definitely check out the gift guide at Design Sponge. Grace has really compiled an incredible list of amazing gifts. There is even a gift guide for the men in your life and it's terrific!

Warning - I have no idea if these items are still in stock or if they can be shipped by Christmas. I'll keep my fingers crossed though! Good Luck to all of you last minute shoppers! I'll be braving the crowds along with you.


Oh Hermès how I love you! It is one of my goals in life to own an Hermès Birkin bag. I realize that this will probably never happen as they are basically the cost of a small vehicle. It is best to dream big though right? In the meantime, I would love to own this Ulysse Blue Jean leather notebook. It seems like a bargain at $285 really. You can find this notebook and others in different colors at Hermès. Oh and FYI- I believe I read in House & Garden a while back that Linda Wells, the editor-in-chief of Allure magazine, uses this exact notebook during fashion shows. So chic!


I recently saw this movie about a small town girl who doesn't want to be pregnant and I absolutely LOVED it! The movie made me both laugh and cry - as the best films always seem to do. I think Keri Russel did an amazing job and I hope she gets nominated for some kind of award because I think she totally deserves it. Also, I dare you not to crave pie after seeing this movie!


I've used the same black Prada cosmetic bag for years. It travels with me everywhere! It always holds all of my makeup and it is super easy to clean since the material is nylon. I'm thinking I might get another one in a bright fun color like the red one above. You'll definitely get your money's worth out of this purchase! You can buy one of your very own from Saks online.


Tory Burch can basically do no wrong in my eyes. Although I already have a wallet I love and adore, I think I may need to have a new wallet used exclusively for traveling. This patent leather travel wallet from Tory Burch would be the perfect gift for your globe trotting friend.


I didn't realize how much I needed a portable GPS navigation system until I had the chance to use one a few weeks ago. It's just like when I didn't realize I needed an Ipod until I received one. Now I cannot imagine a day without my Ipod! I now think that a GPS system is a necessity. I am done with printing out pages and pages of directions from MapQuest only to get lost! I am keeping my fingers crossed that Santa will bring me this Garmin Nuvi 360 portable navigation system. I especially love the Garmin model because it is the size of my palm and it comes with all of these amazing features - like an MP3 player, currency converter and audio book player. It is also compatible with your Bluetooth phone so you can even make hands free calls. So clever! You can read more about it here.


I finally broke down and bought Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate (formerly Kate in a Jar) after hearing so many celebrities rave about it. It is a bit pricey - about $85 - but I think it is totally worth it. My skin always feels so amazing after using this product!


Another product I love is Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream. It is a super rich cream that makes my dry winter skin feel so moisturized. I only use it at night and my skin looks and feels great in the morning. I also love that Dr. Hauschka products are organic and all natural. You can pick up Dr. Hauschka products at Whole Foods grocery stores or online at Beauty.com.


I think giving someone a piece of art is such a wonderful gift idea and I cannot tell you how much I love the website 20 X 200. 20 x 200 is a website that offers new art every week- typically one photo and one work on paper for only $20. How amazing to have your own limited edition piece of art for the cost of a couple of cocktails? I have to restrain myself from buying every new piece that is put up for sale each week. The print above is titled Pollution Post Unlimited by Andrew MacRae. As of now, there are only 118 remaining. You better hurry!


I have already discussed my love for candles and another one that I adore is from Voluspa. My favorite scent is called Santiago Huckleberry and you can get one in this cute little travel tin for only $9. They are perfect for taking on vacations and adding scent to any hotel room. You can pick one up here.


I am pretty sure I fall under the category of the shoe obsessed. I think my shoe collection is now in the triple digits..... scary. Anyways, I would love it if someone would buy me a membership to the shoe of the month club from JCrew. This means that every month for a year, a brand new pair of handpicked shoes from JCrew designers will arrive at your doorstep. Whoever gets this gift is one lucky lady!!!


If you were as obsessed with Sex and the City as I was, I am sure you know who Patricia Field is. Patricia Field is an amazing designer who worked for years as the costume designer on the set of Sex and the City. She recently created an affordable holiday collection of shoes and purses for Payless and I am totally dying over the Saki clutch she designed. It is only $25. Can you believe it??


Call me crazy but I believe that every adult woman should have her own set of stationary. I especially love the monogrammed stationary from Jack and Lulu.


I totally love this cute set of brushes from MAC. I already have every makeup brush I could ever possibly need but somehow I always get suckered into buying new ones. I just couldn't resist this cute gold canister with the embossed python pattern from MAC's Heirloom Collection. The set comes with five basic brushes for lips, face and eyes. You can find it online at MAC Cosmetics.


I admit that I am a little obsessive compulsive when it comes to plucking my eyebrows. If you are the same, then I highly recommend Tweezerman tweezers. They will swiftly take care of any stray hairs. I love the newTweezerman Go Green mini tweezer because they are only $10 and Tweezerman is giving $1 of the proceeds from each sale to the National Arbor Foundation. In addition, a new tree is planted for every Go Green purchase. Not bad right?


I love this chic goth looking soap called Ylang Noir Pur Liquid Marseille Soap from La Compagnie de Provence Marseille. Check it out here.


For all those addicted to lip gloss like myself, I highly recommend C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Shine. You can pick up two for $10 at your local Bath and Body Works. Don't blame me if you become addicted as well!


Ok, I admit that $9 is a bit pricey for toothpaste but I still love this passion fruit toothpaste from Marvis. The taste is delicious and it will look so much chicer on your bathroom sink than regular old Colgate. You can find Marvis at Anthrolopogie stores. 


I first experienced Majenty's Hidden Cove perfume at a fabulous shop in Southern California called Planet Blue Essentials. I LOVE the smell of this roll on perfume oil. It basically smells like someone took Hawaii and bottled it up. It is amazing!!! A little goes a long way too. I have had mine for a year and I still have a lot left.


I love these pretty filagree floral burst earrings from Janna Connor. Word is that Nelly Furtado loves them too. They are only $49 and you can pick them up at fabulous online shop Ravin Style.


A slightly more expensive pair of earrings (as in $575) are these beautiful brass and crystal earrings from Lia Sophia. Check out Lia's amazing jewelry on her website.




My ears get so cold in the winter and I flat out refuse to wear ear muffs. I think a fashionable alternative is this indigo mohair floppy beret from Anna Kula. Now there is no reason you can't be stylish in 10 degree weather. You can find this beret in other colors as well at Ravin Style.

Well that about rounds out the list! Hopefully some of you will be the lucky recipients of some of these items :)

No comments:

Post a Comment